- Published by
- Posted on
Here Are 23 Facts About Left-Handed People That You Didn’t Know About. The Last One Surprised Me.
Here are 23 interesting facts about lefties:
1. 4 out of the 7 last American presidents were left-handed.
2. Left-handed college graduates become about 26% richer than the right-handed graduates.
3. Left-handed people have been associated with bad things in the past such as mark of the devil, a sign of neurosis, bad habits, rebellion, criminality and homosexuality. They have also been thought of as more creative and musical.
4. The word “left” comes from the Anglo-Saxon word “lyft”, which means weak or broken.
5. Women pregnant in their 40s are 128% more likely to give birth to a left-hand baby.
6. 5-10% of the world’s population is left-handed.
7. Lefties have a tendency to become alcoholics.
8. Left-handed people use the right side of the brain more.
9. They reach puberty about 5 months later than usual.
10. Left-handed people excel in sports. More than 40% of the top tennis players are left-handed!
11. Almost 90% of the world’s population are right-handed, but animals are equality split between right and left pawedness.
12. According to a study, left-handed people are more talented to spatial awareness, math and architecture. Right-handed people are more verbally fluent.
13. One of the four Apollo astronauts was left-handed.
14. Statistical data shows that 30 million of Americans are left-handed.
15. Left-handed people are more prone to allergies and asthma if a recent study is to be believed.
16. August 13th is celebrate as the International Left-Handers day.
17. Some of the most wanted people in the world such as The Boston Strangler and Jack The Ripper have been left-handed.
18. Left-handed people can see better underwater.
19. According to a study published in the Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, left-handed people process emotions differently than their right-hand counterparts, and tend to get angry easily. John McEnroe was a top tennis player who was left-handed, and we all remember how angry he was sometimes.
20. According to research, if a left-handed person injures his dominant hand, he can learn to use his other hand faster than his right-handed people.
21. The longest words that can be typed with the left hand placed conventionally are sweater, dresses and tesserae decades.
22. Left-handedness is hereditary. Lefties in the British Royal Family include the Queen Mother, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles and Prince William.
23. Left-handed people are more prone to insomnia.