Many people suffer from a sore throat every now and then. The common cold and cough have become a viral for many. As doctors suggest that there is no fixed medication for these two very common diseases, we feel the need to step in and tell you about the remedies that may help. Experts suggest that these diseases will only go away after they have finished their period over a patient. No specific medication can help in clearing their virus out of the body faster. Yet, the allopathic medication only helps in controlling the effects and helps in healing faster.
This is when remedies come in handy for they are sure to help in any condition. When one says that allopathic medicine helps in faster healing processes, they undermine the after effects of this sort of medication. Moreover, the best apart about remedies is exactly two things. One, they are naturally made with health and goodness. You can easily make them at home on your own, so they have no hidden chemicals. Two, they have no side effects and this is for sure. Unless someone has some sort of allergy with the ingredient, the rest will be fine and one would easily recover soon and better than ever.
The symptoms of having coughed or a sore throat aren’t that hard to recognize. As soon soon you feel that your throat is drying up, it definitely means that something is wrong but on an initial stage. Then there might be a possibility that you have mucus in your throat, in such a condition, you would know that a cough is probably coming. But what is the real problem with a little sore throat is that our nose, ears and body do get affected generally. Easiest example being that of the fever one gets when he has cough.
The causes of cough might be diverse. Eating anything that doesn’t suit your throat, for example, too much spicy food, too much sweet, too much sour food, screaming a lot and many others factors add up to cause such a problem in the throat. Also, pollution today plays a vital role in causing cough and flu in a person.
Here is a list of remedies that can help one get rid of coughing and heal faster than ever.
- The garlic, honey and onion syrup: this is an ideal solution to this coughing problem. This remedy has been transferred through the generations. Take half cup honey and half a cup of water and add in them one chopped clove of garlic and a whole onion chopped finely. Add just a pint of sage, thyme and oregano (according to your taste whatever you prefer) and allow the syrup to steep though the night at room temperature. Strain this syrup in the morning and use it as a cough syrup. Refrigerate it later.
- Massage of castor oil: this massage therapy can be done with the help of a useful oil. The trick is to get half a cup of high quality cold-pressed castor oil. Take two cloves of garlic and crush them, then add them to the oil. Add to this mixture a tablespoon of grated ginger and almost 5 drops of eucalyptus oil. Then lastly, add half a teaspoon of good cayenne pepper. Rub this special oil on the chest for twice or thrice a day; especially before sleeping.
- The horse-reddish syrup: the horse reddish syrup is very easy to make but it depends on the availability of the horse reddish itself. The syrup is prepared when you add half a teaspoon of horse reddish in quarter of a cup of honey. Then leave it for several hours, advisably over the night and use it as a cough syrup later on. But do give the solution time to set.
- Salt and water gargles: I’m sure everyone has heard of these at some point in their lives. Its easy and possible for everyone to perform. Basically it works efficiently because salt is a good healer and direct contact of salt with Luke warm water to the throat helps it heal faster. So one take a cup of water, heat it till it’s considerably warm, on a stove or in the microwave. Add in one cup of water at least one leveled teaspoon of salt. And gargle for as long as you can once at night and once in the morning. And you will feel the difference.
- Homemade chicken broth: chicken broth is both beneficial in healing as well as providing nutrition to the body. One simply can’t resist it. Boil chicken bones in water long enough for all of its juices to mix into the water. Drink this broth when it is warm twice or thrice a day and you will get rid of the cough in no time.