- Published by
- Posted on
6 powerful ingredients to infuse your WATER with cancer-fighting, body-cleansing powers
If you are eager to reap the benefits of water but wish to make its plain taste more pleasing, look no further. Here are six ways you can amp up your aqua experience.
1. Lemon: Starting your morning with a glass of water is good for you in itself. After not having had anything to drink for potentially 8 hours, hydrating yourself is a good way to boost your mind and body for the day. But if you’re tired of drinking the same transparent, tasteless liquid every day, try sprucing it up with some citrus.
Lemon is one of those amazing foods that offer you many health benefits: it detoxifies your liver, helps your digestion, battles bacteria in the mouth, and works in your body to calm you so that you can begin your day feeling at ease. If that wasn’t enough, citrus protects you against stroke. And as we all know, citrus fruits are loaded with Vitamin C, which is a necessary nutrient for the growth and repair of tissues, as well as boosting immunity.
Lemon water is best served warm. All you need to do is cut up a few slices of a fresh lemon and add it to your cup.
2. Mint: Mint is another great option to add to your water. Mint contains one of the highest amounts of antioxidants, rosmarinic acid being one of them. This antioxidant relieves seasonal allergy symptoms. Moreover, mint contains menthol, a natural decongestant that breaks up phlegm and mucus, thus clearing your airways.
Adding mint to your water will leave you feeling good as new and freshen your breath.
3. Cucumber: While water is necessary for your body to function properly, it’s not the best source of vitamins. In order to stay hydrated while getting your daily nutrients, turn to cucumbers. This vegetable contains vitamins and minerals that will help complete your diet in ways water alone can’t.
Cucumber also contains silica, which helps keep your skin smooth. Cucumber water will leave you feeling refreshed inside and out.
4. Berries: Berries are great for adding to your water. Not only are there many different types for you to choose from, they are full of antioxidants that help the body fight stress and illness caused by free radicals. Consuming antioxidants also does wonders for protecting your hair and skin.
In addition to making your water more colourful, berries – like all fruit – have natural sugars that will sweeten up the taste. When adding berries, you can use fresh ones or frozen (unsweetened).
5. Cinnamon: This delicious spice will make your water earthy and sophisticated. Like some of the other water enhancers, cinnamon is also rich in antioxidants. These antioxidants have anti-inflammatory effects, which help reduce the risk of disease. If you’re still not convinced, cinnamon also lowers blood sugar levels and studies have been done that suggest cinnamon may protect against cancer.
If you’re looking to spice up your water, cinnamon is the way to go.
6. Honey: When talking sweetener, the Queen Bee had it right from the start. Honey alone is incredibly good for you. It’spacked with vitamins and minerals that defend your body against bacteria and helps protect you from viruses like the cold and flu. Adding 1 to 2 teaspoons of honey to warm water every day will strengthen your immune system.
Drinking honey water can also help you lose weight as the natural sugar that’s in honey will help curb your sweet tooth.
f you choose to go sweet, make sure to use raw, organic honey in order to reap the most benefits.
Drinking a sufficient amount of water is essential for your well-being. But you’re more likely to drink more liquids if you enjoy the taste. Not only do these natural ingredients make your water more flavourful, they come with immense health benefits and allow you to avoid artificial flavours. By opting for one of the above revitalizers, staying hydrated will seem less like a chore and more like a choice.