- Published by
- Posted on
A chemical element Arsenic is found in many minerals like sulphur and other metals. The chemical symbol for it is (As) and its atomic number is 33. Arsenic can be found in soil, rocks, air, water, animals and in plants naturally. The industrial and agricultural resources may become an agent of its release in the environment. It has no smell and taste and is found either being the part of organic or inorganic compounds.
Uses of Arsenic
There are a number of uses of Arsenic. Some of them are as under:
- Used in making herbicides, pesticides and insecticides.
- Used in making some wood products.
- Its toxicity to bacteria, fungi and insects makes it a useful wood preservative.
- Lead arsenic has been used as an insecticide on the fruit trees.
- Methyl arsenic is used in agricultural field.
- It is used in cotton farming.
- It is used to prevent diseases in chicken.
- It is used to improve efficiency of food in chicken.
- It is used to increase the weight of chicken.
- Arsenic is used in poultry industry as a feed additive.