- Published by
- Posted on
Did you know that there is such a thing as ‘healthy cookies’? These truly healthy cookies are not made with artificial sweeteners, so beware!
Avocados are a great source of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. Avocados are commonly used to lower cholesterol and also to treat osteoarthritis. They have even been proven to contain cancer-fighting properties! So adding avocados to your cookies is probably one of the tastiest ways to get all of these health benefits.
The taste mixes in so well with the other ingredients that you can’t even tell the difference. These cookies are also sweetened with honey instead of refined, white sugar and use no white flour! These cookies are chewy, chocolaty, and just all around perfect.
- 2 ounces raw organic unsweetened chocolate melted in 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 organic avocado
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted organic almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 organic egg and one organic egg white
- 2 tablespoons organic cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons organic almond flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Add other ingredients, one at a time and pulse until the batter is smooth
4. Chill the batter in the fridge for one hour.
5. Fill a pastry bag and pipe batter onto cookie sheet, or drop the batter by heaping tablespoons.
6. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes.