Clean arteries with Pomegranate
The new journal Atherosclerosis confirms that the fruit pomegranate has the capability to prevent and even in rare cases reverse the effects of cardiovascular diseases. For examples, it hinders the accumulation of fatty materials, atherosclerosis in the coronary arteries that causes progressive thickening of arteries. This is a serious condition and the extracts of the pomegranate fruit have remarkably helped the situation.
Benefits of pomegranate:
Pomegranate is a very healthy and juicy fruit; many regard it as a royal fruit. It has numerous benefits, but its chief advantages with reference to medical uses are:
- Reducing the level of oxidative stress
- Reducing monocyte chemotactic protein-1
- Reducing lipid accumulation in cardiac muscles
- Reducing abnormal ECG
- Reducing cardiac enlargement
There are many other benefits but these are chiefly related to heart diseases and it healthy use in treating such heart problems. It has broader use in clearing arteries because of the following:
- Anti-inflammatory: in most of cardiovascular diseases, inflammation is very normal. The juice of pomegranate helps reduce inflammation of the cardiac muscles.
- Stabilizing blood pressure: pomegranate juice has two chief properties, angiotensin converting enzyme constraining properties and its ability to enhance nitric oxide. In both cases, we have full control over the blood pressure and it stays stable.
- Controlling stress: from anger management issues to stress controlling abilities, pomegranate extracts have a lot of positive potentials for the human body.
- Anti-infective: the fact being that the deposition of plaque in the arteries causes many bacterial and viral infections. Now the pomegranate juice has anti-infective properties towards both types.
- Antioxidant: antioxidants are such compounds that reduce the level oxidation in the blood. Many plaques are formed due to oxidation process. As oxidation process decreases, so does lipid deposition decrease in the blood!
Pomegranate at a glance:
The fruit is loved all over the world and has been cultivated for quite some time now. Pomegranate lovers seem to have a sound health and fear lesser from cardiovascular disease. Yet, this doesn’t apply to all. There are a few factors that must come with age. Almost 3.5 million people are affected by cardiovascular diseases each year out of these, almost two third of the population has crossed the age of 45. Realizing the reality of the fact here that there are a few situations where this remedy might now work. But don’t label this remedy as a failure. It might not work on one individual due to many reasons, such as other medications or even personal allergies. It has been proven experimentally that this fruit does help in lipid depletion in the arteries of the body.
There are many approaches to pomegranate. One may eat it in its pure form, other recommend juice to be taken in easier. Moreover, as far as the cholesterol of a person is concerned, pomegranate doesn’t always affect the cholesterol of all human beings. Yes it has the tendency to make it higher, yet only a few people get triggered by this happening. Also, bear in mind that the juice or fruit is to be taken during the day and not in the evening or night. This is to confirm proper digestion of the fruit and its processing while you are awake. Don’t take too much of it, just a write amount that is suitable for you. Too much might cause groaning in the stomach.
Read more about pomegranate here: Health benefits of pomegranate