Unfortunately, due to the chemicals and pesticides found in the food we consume, our livers can sometimes be overwhelmed with toxic buildup. If our livers are “overtaxed” and aren’t properly detoxed, it can lead to digestive issues, PMS, headaches, indigestion, abdominal bloating, weight gain, liver spots, gallbladder issues, heartburn, and more.
Turmeric Tea and Liver Detox
One way to keep the liver healthy is through detoxification. Turmeric tea is known to be one of the top liver detoxifiers—this substance stimulates the gallbladder to produce bile, which the liver then uses to eliminate toxins.
When the liver eliminates certain toxins, the cells are rejuvenated by the bile. For this reason alone, turmeric has been widely used to treat digestion and liver issues.
Ingredients for Turmeric Tea
1. Fresh turmeric: Turmeric contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties, which can help treat digestive issues and relieve nausea and intestinal gas.
2. Fresh ginger: Ginger and turmeric are the best herbs to help heal joint pain and treat gastrointestinal problems.
3. Black pepper: Black pepper enhances the bioavailability of curcumin.
4. Cinnamon: Cinnamon has great antioxidant effects and can reduce inflammation. It works as a powerful anti-inflammatory, especially in combination with turmeric and ginger.5. Coconut milk: The healthy fats contained in coconut milk can help with the absorption of turmeric.
6. Raw honey: Raw honey is rich in enzymes, vitamins, and minerals—it will provide a natural sweetness for the tea.
Directions: Turmeric Tea for One
- Fill your mug halfway with boiling water.
- Add 2 teaspoons of turmeric and 1 teaspoon of ginger.
- Cover and steep for 15 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, and 1 teaspoon of raw honey.
- Fill the rest of your mug with coconut milk and stir.
Benefits of Turmeric Tea
Below are some of the most common benefits that you can get from drinking turmeric tea:
- Detoxifies the body and liver
- Boosts immunity by improving liver function
- Purifies the blood
- Improves circulation throughout the body
- Improves the complexion of your skin
- Prevents internal blood clotting
- Reduces cholesterol