- Published by
- Posted on
Black cumin is used vastly in almost all part of the world. It is used in cooking, backing and teas. Black Cumin Oil, due to its variety of benefits, is used in cosmetics as well as in medicines.
In ancient civilizations like Roman Empire, black cumin was called “Panacea”, that literally means “cure all”. That explains its wide use as a medicine in Rome. Black Cumin is rich in nutrients like protein, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, calcium and iron.
Egyptians used black cumin after their meals to help digestion or clam upset stomachs. Besides stomachaches, it was also used to treat infections, cold, toothaches and migraine.
Studies have shown that most of the times illness is caused by imbalanced immune system and components like Nigellone and Thymoquinone in black cumin helps fight diseases by increasing the production of immune cells in the body. Great research is done on black cumin regarding it properties against cancer and it has been discovered that unlike chemo-therapy, black cumin can be used to cure tumor and breast cancer without any negative side effects.
Externally the seeds can be powdered and mixed with flour and can be directly applied to the forehead for headaches. It is also very effective if a mad dog bites. It is also used in treating skin disorders.
Some of the key health benefits of Black Cumin are mentioned below:
- Black cumin extract is anti-hypertensive, carminative and anti-parasitic.
- It is used to treat diseases related to the respiratory system, circulatory and immune system, stomach and intestines, kidneys and even the liver.
- The seeds have been known to prove effective in fighting parasitic infections, asthma, bronchitis, rheumatism and cold symptoms.
- They also provide health benefits like increasing body tone, stimulating menstrual period, increasing milk production in nursing mothers and increasing the flow of breast milk.
- Black cumin seed oil calms the nervous system, quells colic pain, stimulates excretion of urine, helps pertussis and improves digestion.
- Black caraway stimulates body’s energy and helps in recovering from fatigue and dispiritedness.
- It provides an effective cure for skin conditions such as allergies, eczema, acne, psoriasis and boils.
- Black cumin oil encourages the production of bone marrow and cells of the immune system, increases the production of interferon, protects normal cells from the damaging effects of viral diseases, destroys tumor cells and increases the number of antibody producing B cells.
- It contains potent sexual hormones, stimulants, digestive enzymes, antacids, and sedatives; all of which help boost the immune system and preempt diseases.
- The seeds contain beta-sitosterol – an anti-tumor sterol. They are very effective in curing abscesses and tumors of the eye, abdomen and liver.
- Black caraway seeds are also used to treat flatulence, diarrhea, hemorrhoids, constipation and dysentery.
- A teaspoon of black cumin seed oil, when mixed with honey and consumed regularly during breakfast, lunch and dinner, results in good health and strong immunity to diseases.
- The seeds, when taken in capsulated form, help in strengthening hair as well as nails.
In medical field Black Seed is used as an antiseptic medicine also. The seeds of Black Seed containphosphorus,iron, andcarbohydrate compound in abundance. After the chemical analysis of Black Seed seeds this fact has come to the light that it hascarotene (yellowish substance). It converts into vitamin ‘A’ after inserting into the liver. Above all it contains so many compounds, which are useful in digestive system. It cures urinal diseases. It increases the resisting power of the body and has special strength in curing all types of diseases. Black Seed oil contains special type of fat ingredients Linolatic acid 60% and nearly 21% Lipase. It has capacity to keep the body cool in hot temperature. Mostly its seeds are used as medicine. Its seeds contain special substance Saponin Volatile oil and Nigelline a bitter tasting substance. These substances of Black Seed cure urinal Passage.