- Published by
- Posted on
Guess what? It’s not only your body that gets toned up, but dancing can enhance the functionality of your organs as well. Here are some of the benefits dancing can provide you:
- The quickest way to burn calories is by following a dance routine, as much as 400 calories an hour
- Dancing supports cardiovascular health by lowering the heart rate
A research proved that people having problems related to cardiovascular health, improved their condition significantly by dancing for 20 minutes thrice a day for a week
- Dancing improves the function of your lungs and strengthens them
- Helps to keep the blood pressure down
- Lowers the bad cholesterol levels and increases the levels of good cholesterol
- Provides your muscles flexibility and strength
- Supports the movement of the joints and keeps them healthy
- Promotes bone health
The National Osteoporosis foundation declared it good for bones
- Dancing can help increase endurance. Endurance is the power of your muscles by which they can work for a long time without getting fatigued
- Dancing promotes positivity and also fixes up a bad mood
It is also helpful for relieving stress
- Dancing can enhance your brain power and also improves your ability to memorize
It saves you from developing various types of brain disease. In fact, a research published in the New England Journal of Medicine revealed that out of the 11 types of physical activities, dancing reduced the risk of developing dementia by 76%
- Dancing has also shown benefits for perceptual abilities and motor skills
The dancing routine to be followed should be in accordance with every individual’s needs. There is a routine for everyone. Here are some of the dance routines you can follow to get the benefits you’ve been looking for:
Zumba is a Spanish inspired dance routine involving some fast-paced movements. This routine can help you lose 250 calories in just 30 minutes. This is the best routine you can practice in order to improve your cardiovascular health. It is also helpful in improving the body-coordination.
Get a partner and swing! This routine activates a hormone called oxytocin which can help to fix up your bad mood.
To get a flat belly do some belly dance. It will not only help you work out those abs but would also tone up your hips. Belly dance reduces the stress from your back. It can help you burn 300 calories in an hour.
Pole dancing requires a lot of strength which not only tones the muscles of your lower body but also gives attention to your upper body. This routine is best for strengthening the arms. It improves your bone health and provides them with extra strength. It helps to maintain the balance of the body.
Bhangra is a type of dance performed in coordination with the beat of the drums, which originated from India. Currently it is being introduced as a fitness routine by the name of “Bhangra aerobic workout”. This routine is most effective for strengthening the lungs. It saves you from heart disease, stroke and hypertension. It involves a lot of leg movement as a result thigh and leg muscles are strengthened. The routine will also improve your bone health. People looking for weight loss can try this routine as it will help you burn 500 calories in about 45 minutes.
This one routine will help you shed some pounds with an extra dose of entertainment; therefore stress levels will be reduced. Think of yourself as a bollywood actor or actress and shake that booty. It will help tone your hips and thighs.
The best out of the rest. Just Hit the club, because social dancing is the best way by which you can get out of stress and relieve depression.
Before starting any of these dance routines it is advised to consult your doctor.
Image courtesy: Flickr, Chris Costello