Heart attacks can be survived if you have prepared yourself for such times. Keeping in mind that heart attacks are leading cause of deaths in the world, one should be able to help himself if he has symptoms of heart attack. Following are some of the points you should keep in mind in case of need.
Heart attacks might be caused by smoking, high blood pressure, lack of exercise, excessive use of fats, improper diet or high level of cholesterol. To avoid heart attack one should first avoid all the behaviors that cause heart attack. Stop taking excess amount of fats. Walk regularly.
Know the Symptoms
The most common symptoms of heart attack are:
- Tightness or fullness in chest
- Nausea, particularly in women
- Extreme pain in the chest
- Heart palpitations
- Rapid heartbeat
- Pain in the upper abdomen
- Pain or uneasiness in the arms, jaws, neck or teeth
- Abundant sweating
- A sudden feeling of illness
Pages: 1 2