But then again there are a few things that are surely visible to all of us while urinating. Maybe for men, it is easier to notice them when it enters the urinary bowl and for women only if they view the tissue after wiping it off. Other than that, if there is a burning sensation or pain during urination, it also triggers a thought to check what you are excreting. But then again, more physical specs are always very visible to most of us.Now, what is important is to know what our urine tells us. Well, experts say that urine is the easiest way to self-examine what goes on in your body. If there is a problem somewhere, it will show up in your excretion. The change in the smell, color and odor are direct indications of malfunctioning of our body systems.
Realted article: When you should worry about your stool color.
The urine is helpful in indicating pregnancy, if you have an internal injury or problem that can’t be detected on the outside or that your intake of some scrumptious colorful berry is a lot more than it should be. Moreover, it can also indicate some Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), dehydration by the change of color of your urine, which means that it becomes darker and more concentrated, also tell if the amount of nicotine or caffeine has increased in your body, especially that of women.
Normally, the urine is and should be of a pale yellow color. This is because it contains a substance called “urochrome”; a substance produced by the breakdown of hemoglobin. But urine seems to change color for many reasons; some alarming and some harmless. Go through the different colors of urines and compare yours with them:
- Dark yellow: as pale yellow is the normal color of urine, dark yellow indicates that the person is dehydrating as the concentration of salts is higher than normal. Lesser the water, darker the yellow shade of the urine, so try drinking more water than usual in such a condition.
- Red: basically this is varying from a shade of pink to dark red. A test can really specify if the urine contains blood or building blocks of blood such as the hematuria. But this is a serious condition which you must get checked. It can be because of any infection in the bladder, urinary tract, or urethra. Also, cancer in prostate parts of men or in the bladder of both gender, and strenuous exercise can all lead to urine to be red.
- Brownish black: here the color also varies from brown to black. It may be a form of red urine in a darker shade. But this is because of malfunctioning of the liver and conditions like hepatitis, bile duct blockage, a tumor or even cirrhosis for the Bilirubin (blood building matter) appears in the urine. But more sever conditions like Hemolytic anemia and Melanoma can also be a cause for brownish black urine.
- Orange: many medicines can turn the urine orange or even treatments like Mainstay TB treatment, Rifampin, isoniazid, and Phenazopyridine. Also, excessive intake of citrus juices and carrots can also be a reason for orange urines.
- Purple: caused by the purple urine bag syndrome, in which bacteria colonize the catheter. The urine consists of substances of red, blue and indigo color which collectively give the purple colored urine. The only cure is to replace the catheter bag.
- Blue: blue urines are produced due to the presence of Methylene blue. Though it is used in our medications, the blue urine can also appear because of blue diaper syndrome (BDS) and the hard up disease.
- Green: this is linked to the Methylene blue of the blue urine that mixes with the urochrome of tour natural pale yellow urine. Yet, a few medications such as anesthetic propofol, Tagamet and Elavil can be the cause of this mixture or green urine. As harmless as it might seem, in rare cases does it ever showcase chances of infections in our Urinary tract.
The urine is an indication of some problem, keep checking it from time to time. Many people neglect these visible signs in their urine and suffer in the long run. Moreover, consult a doctor so that he may specify your condition and treat you accordingly.