1. JUST ONE SIMPLE INGREDIENT AND YOUR DEEP SCARS WILL MAGICALLY DISAPPEAR!
The onion is a vegetable with a specific flavor, because of its flavor this vegetable is mostly avoided. Because of the fact that onion is a rich in potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and vitamin C, this vegetable plays big role in beauty industry and it is also used for medical purposes.
In this article you will read how to treat scars and to improve the health of your skin with an onion.
The extract of the onion is highly effective for keloid and hypertrophic scars, which are easily noticeable because of its texture on the skin. The results of this treatment are seen after 6 or 8 weeks.
For this simple treatment you will only need:
- cutting board and knife,
- dish soap,
- coffee filters,
- distilled water,
- salt and
- two medium containers.
Mix 3gr. of salt with 10gr of soap. Cut the onion into small pieces and place in one of the containers with the mixture of salt and soap, and stir well. Place in a water bath for 15min and stir constantly, blend for 5 sec. Use the coffee filter to strain the mixture over the second container. The mixture will foam while the onion extract drop into the container.
When you are done apply this extract on your skin or affected areas once or twice a day, either by applying directly or mixing with a moisturizer.
If you use this extract for the first time, use small amounts in the affected area just to make sure that there are no allergic reaction on your skin. If there is a redness and/or irritation on your skin stop with the treatment.
For best results, keep the affected area hydrated. For this reason use good moisturizer or you can use moisturizer oil such as coconut oil or olive oil.
2. Skin Pack
An effective skin pack doesn’t have to cost you: you can make your own with raw onion juice, gram flour, and yogurt (or any lactic acid of your choosing) for a rejuvenating skin mask that will restore balance and moisture to dull skin. Start with a tablespoon of raw onion juice and just a half teaspoon of yogurt. Add enough flour to get a nice paste that you can apply directly on your skin for about 10 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
3. How to Treat Acne with Onion
Onion Face Pack
Applying onion can be just as beneficial as eating it.
- To prepare your own onion face mask, combine together 2 tablespoons gram flour, 1 1/2 tablespoon freshly extracted onion juice, a pinch of nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon milk.
- Mix all the ingredients to form a thick paste.
- In case, the pack becomes too thick, add extra milk to create the desired consistency.
- You can also add a few drops of lavender essential oil to the paste if the smell of onions is too offensive for you.
- Apply the pack evenly to your face and neck after cleansing.
- Allow the pack to remain for 15-20 minutes or until it dries completely.
- Dab some milk and begin removing the pack by massaging in gentle circular movements.
This pack not only exfoliates dead skin cells but also renders skin lightening benefits. The anti-microbial properties of onions also help fight against acne.
Massaging with fresh onion juice can be very useful in increasing blood circulation. This massage would improve the over-all appearance of your skin by giving your face a more youthful and radiant appearance.
- For the massage, mix together equal quantities of onion juice and fresh yogurt.
- You can also add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to give the mixture a pleasant aroma.
- Massage your entire face in gentle circular movements using the mixture.
- Do the massage for 10-15 minutes every day for best results.
The phytonutrients and anti-oxidants present in onion will help provide deep nourishment to your skin while also helping in removing skin impurities. Onion juice is also excellent for getting rid of dark spots and pigmentation. The lactic acid present in yogurt further magnifies the benefits rendered by onion juice.
Follow all these suggestions regularly and make onions a crucial part of your life, diet and skin care. Healthy, beautiful and glowing skin is guaranteed!
4. How to Use Onions to Help Hair Grow Faster
To reap the benefits onions offers for increased hair growth, you’ll need to extract the juice from a few onions and apply it throughout the entire scalp. Don’t let the strong smell scare you off, this method works, and works well. It’s got to stay on the scalp for at least thirty minutes, and you’ll want to keep it on longer if you can stand the smell. After you rinse it, you should follow by a shampoo. It will need to do this at least three times a week for two months minimum to see results, but you will see results so don’t give up this routine.
Making Onion Juice for Your Hair
Making onion juice to use as a hair tonic is easy. If you don’t have a juice extractor, you can use a blender, food processor, or grater to get as much juice extracted as possible. You’ll need quite a few onions for this process, and will have to adjust the amount according to the length of your hair.
Hair thinning is not just for people worrying about getting older; it happens prematurely from over-processing or over-styling hair. If your hairline is getting pissed by all the pulling and tugging, try adding raw onion juice to olive oil to strengthen hair follicles and stimulate healthy hair growth.