If you have a great looking body but you have hunched shoulders and bad posture you can portrait a completely different picture of you.
Your stomach can look fat and you can look shorter than you actually are. If you want to avoid certain health problems you have correct the body posture. All these six workouts will prevent the appearance of hunched shoulders and you will have better body posture.
Just like any other workout, it is very important to do warm up stretches in order to avoid injuries. You should do stretches as well and finish this routine for improved posture. You will need counter and dumbbells to make these workouts. Between each workout you can make a 15 seconds pause.
The workout is made of three different parts. The first part is stretching – this will warm you up and you will prepare your body for the workout.
The second part will help you to prevent hunched shoulders and stand tall. These 6 workouts last for 45 seconds each. You can take a 15 seconds break between each exercise.
The third and last part is stretches once again. You will complete the workout with the 7 stretches.
WARM UP STRETCHES
1. 20 seconds – Shoulder Rolls
2. 20 seconds – Head Nods
3. 20 seconds – Head Turns
4. 20 seconds – Head Tilts
5. 20 seconds – Head Rolls
6. 20 seconds – Small Arm Circles
7. 20 seconds – Big Arm Circles
8. 20 seconds – Toe Touch Reach
1. 45 Seconds – Tripod Rows on each side
2. 45 seconds – Bird Dog
3. 45 seconds – Tripod Fly each side
4. 45 seconds – Modified Back Bow
5. 45 Seconds – Up and Over Press
6. 45 Seconds – Bent Over Ventral Raise
1. 20 seconds – Front Arm Swings
2. 20 seconds – Toe Touch Reach
3. 20 seconds – Wall Chest Stretch
4. 20 seconds – Overhead Toe Touch
5. 20 seconds – Downward Dog
6. 20 seconds – Cobra Stretch
7. 20 seconds – Child’s Pose
In the video below there are instructions and they will all help you to prevent hunched shoulders. Do not skip the stretches and you should use dumbbells with weight that you can handle. At the beginning you can use 2-3kg dumbbells.