Mold symptoms are one of the greatest threats to our households today. Your health is your greatest gift—no matter how cheesy that sounds, it’s absolutely true Without your health, nothing else matters. Toxic mold is a serious health problem that can rob you of your physical strength and leave you wracked with physical illness. Find out if toxic mold is a problem you need to be worrying about.
An Overview of Toxic Mold
Air pollutants are a fact of life in today’s world. However, some are worse than others. Water damage that occurs in buildings can create the perfect environment for mold to grow and thrive, while mycotoxins in the air may trigger a myriad of health issues.
Common types of mold found in today’s homes include Aspergillus, Penicillium, and Cladosporium. Stachybotrys chartarum is what people often mean when they refer to toxic mold or black mold. Typically, this type of mold is caused by exposure to water or buildup of water on surfaces like particleboard, paper, and wood.
ow It Affects Your Health
When mold is inhaled into the lungs, it leaves its mark on your body in a variety of ways. Mycotoxins are produced by mold, and many of them can be measured in your urine, saliva, or stool.
Mold exposure can cause health problems that baffle doctors and experts, as they seem to have little in common. On the mild end, you may see inflammation and an uptick in allergies. On the more serious end of the scale, you may experience asthma, oxidative stress, and immune problems.
There are several symptoms you can look for as you try to figure out whether or not you’ve been exposed to toxic mold. If you suspect you may be a mold victim, look for these symptoms:
- joint pain and stiffness
- difficulty with concentration and memory
- physical fatigue and weakness
- difficulty breathing or sinus issues
- tingling or numbness in the skin
- light sensitivity(Continue On Next Page)
Pages: 1 2