What Is Insomnia?
Best Natural Home Remedies For Insomnia
Eating chicken or turkey before going to bed can help you to get the sleep. Chicken and turkey contains the amino acid tryptophan which is necessary for the production of serotonin. Serotonin in the brain helps us to sleep.
- Have a slice of turkey or chicken before going to bed.
Milk is another home remedy which contains tryptophan and which help you to get good sleep.
- You can either take a glass of warm milk before heading bed or
- You can take warm milk with a spoonful of honey in it
The carbohydrates in cookies help tryptophan to enter the brain and activate serotonin production. Any sugary food consumed 30 minutes before bedtime acts like a sedative.
- Eat cookies half an hour before going to bed.
- You can also have cookies along with milk to get better results.
Go For Early Dinner
Take your dinner at least two hours before you go to sleep. It will be difficult to sleep when your stomach is full.
- Have an early dinner and avoid spicy food at night, if you want to sleep better.
Limit Caffeine And Alcohol
Though alcohol makes you drowsy and put you to sleep, it causes you to get up in the middle of night with a headache, stomach ache etc and when the sedative effect of alcohol goes away it make difficult to get sleep again. Caffeine can stimulate your brain and make you remain awake.
Pages: 1 2