Inflammation, cardiovascular disease, tuberculosis, diabetes, eye disease and aging; so many problems with only one solution. Yeah! You have guessed it right; it’s the amazing Vitamin C.
- Vitamin C has the power to treat cold symptoms and control allergies; this is because of its antihistamine properties.
- Vitamin C can lower the cholesterol levels by converting it into bile salts, which are easily removed from our body through our excretory system.
- Vitamin C is one of the most excellent antioxidants our body can make use of, especially for reducing the heart problems. It protects the arteries from the damaging effects of free radicals and save you from a stroke.
- Vitamin C is a natural skin healer and has been used for skin related problem since the ancient times. Today it is being used in a number of skin and beauty care products. It increases the collagen production in the tissues and enhances the elasticity of the skin, as a result, wrinkles fade away. Vitamin C also protects against the damaging effects of the UV rays.
- Vitamin C enhances your body’s healing powers and is very effective in treating wounds, cuts, burns and broken bones.
- Studies reveal that vitamin is very helpful in blood dilation even if it is taken in a small quantity. This property of vitamin C provides protection against conditions like angina pectoris, blood pressure, and heart failure.
- It can effectively treat neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s; this has been proven by a German research. Vitamin C has the capacity to protect the brain from the harmful effects of stress.
- Vitamin C is a blessing for diabetics as it regulates the level of blood sugar and stops further complications which arise as a result of diabetes.
- Vitamin C has offered some promising benefits for fighting various types of cancers. Some studies suggest that it can enhance the effectiveness of chemotherapy and only kills the malignant cells while leaving the healthy cells unharmed.
- Vitamin C also provides protection against eye diseases such as cataracts and improves vision.
- A study published in the Nature Communication reported that vitamin C has the potential to kill the bacteria responsible for tuberculosis.
More on the next page.