First of all i would like to tell you about some interesting facts about navel.
Interesting Navel Facts
1. Medically or scientifically, the navel or the belly button is nothing but a scar on our body. There is a medical term for this scar – ‘umbilicus’. So, what creates this scar? When a baby is inside its mother’s womb, it is connected to the mother’s body using the umbilical cord. The cord is attached to the baby’s body exactly at the point where the navel sits. During birth, doctors tie up the cord and cut it to separate the baby from the mother. Some portion of the cord remains attached the baby and over time, it dries out and falls off, leaving the scar which we later call ‘navel’.
2. Belly button can appear as sticking out and is known as outtie or it can actually stick in and is known as innie. Innies are more common than outies. Only 4% of total world wide population have outies. It is really scarce.
3. Whether you will have an outie or an innie depends on the way the doctors tie the umbilical cord during your birth. Actually, outie is faulty and is created only if the cord is not tied properly.
4. Belly button is one among the dirties places in our body. Honestly, it is very gross because it is the home to 67different types of bacteria. Out of these 67 types, 2 are very rare.
5. Navel is also the home for cloth lint. This happens because lint is collected by the hair around the belly button and the lint finds its way inside the scar. So, the main culprit is actually the body hair. Thus, women are less prone to navel lint compared to men. Also, people with outies generally do not have navel lint because the lint finds nowhere to go and rest.
6. Belly button is unique only to mammals. Non-mammals that lay egg don’t possess belly buttons. When we say mammals we mean all of animal kingdom that includes creatures like lions and tigers, elephants and giraffes and even whales
and sharks (As pointed out by one of our readers, sharks are not mammals. It was our mistake). So, humans are not the unique ones to possess this scar.
7. Traditional Indian medicine and even Chinese acupuncture uses belly button as a sight for treatment in alternative medicine. Guess what? It is actually true! Belly button is used to successfully treat many ailments including problems like snake bites and even roundworms. According to Indian traditional yoga, there are 7 major chakras or energy points in human body and navel is one of them.
8. Scientists are spending millions of dollars just to research on this unique scar on our body because the believe that the position of the navel can actually be advantageous in some types of sports like swimming and running.
9. In Indian mythology, the belly button is very sacred because it is believed that men (not women) are born from the navel of Lord Vishnu. Well, it is not just Hindu mythology that puts stress on navel. Even Bible has mentioned it as important stating that it actually links heaven and earth, making it one of the most sacred places on earth.
10. Assuming the Adam and Eve were the first humans, logically they didn’t have navels. Why not? Because they were not born from the womb of a human. They were banished to earth because the ate the forbidden fruit. They just appeared!
To Get Rid of Cold, Cough, Menstrual and Abdominal Pain Put this in your Navel
Many experts from around the world say that is probably the most effective methods of home medicine when it comes to relieving pain. This is simple procedure and it doesn’t require any special efforts.
All you need to do is to put alcohol- soaked cotton in your navel. By putting the alcohol- soaked cotton in your belly button, you’ll recover faster from all of the common flu, cold, coughs, abdominal and menstrual pain.
Here is how you should do this simple trick. Take some cotton and soak it in 50% alcohol and put it into your belly button.
This helpful home remedy will help you to feel more relaxed and it will relieve your pain. You can use this method also when you have flu, cold and muscle soreness, and this natural remedy is much better choice than the convention medicine.
So, next time when you catch flu or cold, soak cotton in alcohol and put it in your belly button. Simply cover it with towel or plastic bag, or put a band aid over it, to keep it in place.
Important note: As we mentioned, you can use this method to relieve menstrual pain. To do this you will need to lie down and to press your belly button with your hands.
Press it gently. Use the same method to relieve from abdominal pain, just add some salt to the previously alcohol- soaked cotton and put it on your belly button.
You should try this extremely effective, but simple method to relieve your pain, and believe us you’ll be amazed by the results.
We really hope that you will find this article helpful, and if you do, share it with your friends and family.