What is asthma? This disease occurs due to bronchial tubes thickening and severe inflammation of the respiratory tract. People who suffer from asthma often have problems with breathing and feel weakness and these are only two of the symptoms which are caused by this disease. If you cough and suffocate often, than you probably have asthma.
When a person has asthma attack, he/she are sensitive and allergic. Because of irritation of the lungs, the muscles start to tighten and there is a significant increase in phlegm secretion.
Inhalers are used by asthma patients as they help in alleviating the symptoms. The inhalers are quite practical as they can be carried in your bag easily so you can use it immediately if you have a sudden asthma attack. But there are side-effects if you use it constantly. This is because they contain a lot of chemicals, even steroids.
There are patients who succeeded in defeating the disease without inhalers. The first step is to make some changes in your diet. So start consuming healthy food which helps in reducing inflammations and increases your energy level.
That is why you need to know which food you should consume and which to avoid:
Always consume food rich in Vitamin C and beta carotene. Drink carrot juice every day as it is rich in vitamin C. Celery is also recommended. This vegetable and its leaves are rich in chlorophyll which helps in liver and intestine detox. So add several stalks of celery in your meals.
Here is the amount of the recommended foods you need to consume if you want to defeat the disease:
- 6 stalks of celery + a bunch of spinach+ ¼ cup of lemon juice+ 2 green apples+ bunch of parsley
- A cup of cranberry juice+ 1 pomegranate+ 2 cups of strawberry juice
- Lemon juice+ a small glass of juice wheatgrass
- One cucumber + half a lemon + three bulbs of ripe lemongrass
- 1 fennel+ 8 stalks of kale+ half a lemon +3 pieces of radish+ ¼ pineapple
- Half a bunch of capsicum+ two and a half bunches of watercress+ half a cup of lemon juice+ ¼ cucumber + one pineapple
Additionally, if you want to reduce asthma attacks, avoid these foods:
- Soft drinks and alcohol
- Food of animal origin like milk, eggs and meat
- Citrus fruits
- Sodium and monosodium glutamate, as they can cause narrowing of the bronchial tubes which causes asthma attack
- Vegetable oils, corn and flower oil as they are proven to cause inflammation of the respiratory tract