Clear and flawless skin is one thing that every person dreams of. But what to do when our skin is all covered with blackheads? Certainly it shatters our dream of attaining a perfect skin.
Blackheads and whiteheads do not get much of our attention until we have a special occasion coming up and we want to look our best. Why wait for an occasion? Make your skin look perfect every day. So here we are with an aim to give a solution for your dream skin.
The first thing to do is to understand the difference between the two, blackheads and whiteheads.
What are Blackheads?
When excess oil is produced by the sebaceous glands, blackheads are formed. The pores get enlarged due to the overproduction of this oil and as more oil deposits are accumulated in the pore it hardens and causes the pore to get clogged. The blackhead is formed when the exposed tip of the clogged oil gets oxidized. Once the blackhead is formed, the pore continuously expands because of more oil production and exposure to dirt, which finally causes acne.
What Are Whiteheads?
Whiteheads are blackheads’ counterpart. You can also call them milia. They are actually a type of acne caused by the activity of the sebaceous glands. Hormonal changes play a major role in the formation of whiteheads because they stimulate the production of the oil in the sebaceous glands. The only difference between whitehead and blackhead is that, in case of whiteheads the tip of the clogged pore remains closed so it doesn’t get exposed. If whiteheads get infected they turn into pimples.
How you can prevent blackheads and whiteheads?
Here are some measures you can take to prevent blackheads and whiteheads:
- Do your facial cleansing 2 to 3 times a day, at least
- Once a week do exfoliation of your skin using a good scrub
- For skin nourishment you can apply facial mask, twice in a week
- Do get exposed to sunlight early in the morning i.e. around to 6:00 am to 9:00 am. Though some say it is a myth, there is still nothing to lose. Give it a try
- It is better if you keep your hair neat, away from your face as it can cause skin irritation
- Benzoyl peroxide is an effective blackhead fighter, so you can apply it to the areas where you mostly get blackheads
- You can also use lemon juice to prevent the excess formation of the oil on your skin that can result into the formation of blackheads and whiteheads
Follow on to the next page to read more about how to get rid if blackheads and whiteheads.
Pages: 1 2