Varicose veins are a common problem in which abnormally enlarged veins appear close to the skin’s surface. They usually occur in the calves and thighs when the veins develop weakened walls or poorly functioning valves, which regulate blood flow. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, varicose veins affect an estimated 25 percent of women and 10 percent of men.
The condition can cause pain, fatigue, restlessness, and feelings of burning, throbbing, tingling, or heaviness in the legs. The appearance of bulging veins is also a concern for many people.
Common factors contributing to varicose veins are hereditary, occupations that require a lot of standing, obesity, use of birth control pills, constipation and hormonal changes in the body during pregnancy, puberty, and menopause.
Medical and surgical treatments for varicose veins can be very expensive. You can try some home remedies to decrease the severity of varicose veins as well as reduce some of the discomforts they can cause.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for varicose veins.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a wonderful treatment for varicose veins. It is a natural body cleansing product and it also improves blood flow and circulation. When the blood starts flowing naturally, the heaviness and swelling of varicose veins will decrease to a great extent.
- Apply undiluted apple cider vinegar on the skin over the varicose veins and gently massage the area. Do it every day before going to bed and again in the morning. Follow this remedy for a few months to reduce the size of varicose veins.
- Add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and stir well. Drink the mixture twice a day for at least one month to see positive results.
2. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper is considered a miracle treatment for varicose veins. Being a very rich source of vitamin Cand bioflavonoids, it increases blood circulation and eases the pain of congested, swollen veins.
- Add one teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder to a cup of hot water and stir it well.
- Drink this mixture three times a day for one or two months.
3. Olive Oil
Increasing blood circulation is essential to treating varicose veins. Massaging with olive oil can help increase circulation, thereby reducing pain and inflammation.
- Mix equal amounts of olive oil and vitamin E oil and warm it slightly. Massage the veins with the warm oil for several minutes. Do this twice daily for one to two months.
- You can also mix four drops of cypress essential oil in two teaspoons of warm olive oil and massage with this mixture.
Garlic is an excellent herb for reducing inflammation and the symptoms of varicose veins. It also helps break up harmful toxins in the blood vessels and improve circulation.
- Slice up six garlic cloves and put them in a clean glass jar.
- Extract the juice from three oranges and add it to the jar. Also add two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Let the mixture sit for about 12 hours.
- Shake the jar and then put a few drops of the solution on your fingers. Massage the inflamed veins with the solution in a circular motion for 15 minutes.
- Wrap the area with a cotton cloth and leave it on overnight.
- Repeat daily for several months.
Also, include fresh garlic in your diet.
5. Butcher’s Broom
Butcher’s broom is very helpful for relieving the aches and discomfort of varicose veins. This herb contains compounds known as ruscogenins that help reduce inflammation while constricting the veins due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-elastase activity.
Take 100mg of butcher’s broom supplements three times a day. Created from the roots and seeds of the plant, butcher’s broom supplements have vitamins B and C along with calcium, chromium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, selenium, silicon, and zinc.
These nutrients will help tighten, strengthen and decrease inflammation in the veins as well as improve blood flow up the legs.
Note: People with high blood pressure or benign prostate hyperplasia should not take this herb without consulting a doctor.
Continue On Next Page..
Pages: 1 2