Recent study explains that it may be caused by the way gut bacteria responds to gluten, if you don’t know yet gluten is a protein in grains like barely, wheat and rye.
This is an immune disease that affects gluten intolerant people. About 1% of the People the United States are suffering from celiac disease.
When a person has celiac disease as soon as they consume gluten their immune system begins to damage the small intestine which causes problems like :
- unexplained iron-deficiency anemia
- bone or joint pain
- bone loss or osteoporosis
- depression or anxiety
- tingling numbness in the hands and feet
- seizures or migraines
- missed menstrual periods
- infertility or recurrent miscarriage
- canker sores inside the mouth
- an itchy skin rash called dermatitis herpetiformis
This disease is stimulated by some mutations, but 2 to 3% of people who have these mutations develop celiac disease.
These are the most significant facts about this illness:
- Its only existing treatment is a diet which includes no gluten
- About 5-22% of patients with this condition have a first-degree relative with celiac disease.
- Approximately 83% of the population in the U.S. with celiac disease is undiagnosed or misdiagnosed with other conditions
Continue On Next Page..
Pages: 1 2